- Support in the classroom for students with learning difficulties
- Experienced practitioners called Higher Level Teaching Assistants (HLTAs), for specialist learning support
- Reading support
- Screening for barriers to learning and achievement such as Irlens and Dsylexia
- Assistance with pastoral issues
- Trained support for visually or hearing impaired students
- Specialist staff to work with Key Stage 3 Pathways students in small groups
- Trained staff to run Successmaker, a computer-based literacy and numeracy skills programme.